Paint Protection: What It Is and Why You Need ItPosted on 21 September, 2021 19:34:11
We know how important your car is to you, so we want to help you keep it looking its absolute best. A sure fire way to ensure your car stays looking as unblemished as the day you bought it is by using paint protection. Paint protection is a clear coating that covers your car’s paintwork to protect it from scratches, scuffs, dirt, tree sap, and other damaging materials. Find out everything you need to know about paint protection and how it can benefit your car.
What are the different types of paint protection?
There are two different types of paint protection you can choose from for your car. Both have different uses and can help protect your vehicle in different ways.
- Ceramic paint protection: ceramic paint protection is newer to the market but is rising in popularity. It is applied to the car in a thin layer; it adheres to the car through a chemical bond. This type of coating helps in protecting the car’s paint from sun damage, chips and scuffs, and chemicals.
- Paint protection film: the more common type of paint protection is paint protection film. This is a clear film that is typically only applied to areas of your car that are high impact – for example, the bumper, panels, and the bonnet. It can also be applied to the entire vehicle. This film protects the paint from chips and other damage; it is thicker than ceramic paint protection and has self-healing properties.
Paint protection doesn’t just guard your car from scratches and stains – it will also increase your vehicle’s resale value. Over time, bare metal can oxidise and begin to corrode. Protective film will prevent this from happening.
How do you know which type of paint protection is right for your car?
To decide which type of paint protection is best for you – or whether you need it at all – consider the following:
- Do you park in a car port or a garage?
- Do you use your car often?
- Do you park underneath trees or other places birds roost on?
- What types of roads do you typically drive on?
- How often do you have your car cleaned and polished?
These questions will help you determine whether your car needs to be protected, and if so, which type of protective film it needs. If your car is exposed to the sun often and for extended periods of time, ceramic paint protection might be the way to go. On the other hand, if you are more concerned about chips and scratches, we advise opting for paint protection film. Or, you can use both for maximum protection!
There are a number of ways to keep your car looking its best. Find your nearest Magic Carwash and bring your vehicle in today to chat with an expert about our car cleaning and vehicle protection services.